This week I would like to focus on Lucia. Lucia is a basic tee with subtle design elements. Lucia is created using our new linen yarn Reed held double throughout. If you would like to learn more about this beautiful yarn, please check out my blog post for Knit Purl here. The body of Lucia is knit in the round from the bottom up, then divided at the armholes and worked flat to the shoulders. The sleeves are worked flat, then set in and seamed.
A simple eyelet rib enhances the sleeve edges and lower hem. Lucia can easily become a wardrobe staple.
- Simple eyelet ribbing
- Short sleeves
- Side shaping
- Body worked in the round
- Sleeves worked flat, set in and seamed
- German Short Rows – shoulder shaping
- Binding off in the Center of a Row and Sloped Bind-Off – neck shaping
- 3-Needle Bind-Off – shoulders
- Lengthening or shortening options for body and sleeves
I hope you enjoy knitting and wearing Lucia. I’m trying to decide which color to make first.