This week I am going to talk about Getty. Getty is a cropped pullover with 3/4 length sleeves, created with Cima and Twig held together. The combination of these two yarns paired with the relaxed and very easy to follow texture pattern, create a soft, airy fabric perfect for breezy Spring and Summer weather.
The body of Getty is worked in the round from the bottom up to the armholes, then divided and the upper front and back are worked flat to the shoulders. The sleeves are worked flat and set in and seamed. I’ve used a new favorite cast on for both the sleeves and body – the waste yarn tubular cast-on. It is very simple to do and I love the rounded effect it gives. Getty is worked on a US size 9 needle which adds to the openness of the fabric and makes for quick knitting.
- Cropped hem and 3/4 length sleeves
- Open, airy texture pattern
- Body worked in the round
- Sleeves worked flat, set in and seamed
- Waste yarn tubular cast-on
- Easy 4 row texture pattern
- German Short Rows – shoulder shaping
- Binding off in the Center of a Row and Sloped Bind-Off – neck shaping
- 3-Needle Bind-Off – shoulders
- Lengthening or shortening options for body and sleeves
I just finished knitting my very own Getty in Graphite and I love it. I’ve worn it with a long sleeveless tunic and a skirt and it will also look great with jeans or shorts. This will definitely be a three-season sweater for me.